“With love, we embrace each participant and inspire their Judaism through meaningful experiences highlighting the most beautiful parts of our tradition.”
CANTOR MARCOS ASKEANZI
J2M, or “Journey to Mitzvot” is a special program that is unique to Beth Torah.
J2M is a family journey in which you support each other with the Synagogue clergy and staff by your side. J2M’s programs, events, and activities are carefully curated to suit the needs of each cohort, understanding that each participant enters their Jewish experience from a different perspective. At Beth Torah Benny Rok Campus, we are keenly aware of and sensitive to the needs of each family, and we pride ourselves on serving our community with dignity and love. During J2M, families will experience Shabbat through the warmth of our musical Shabbat experiences, explore sacred text through the lens of conservative Judaism and, discover the richness and fulness of our faith.
In addition, in J2M, families will have the opportunity to engage with holocaust survivors, perform acts of kindness and learn about our homeland, Israel.
J2m meet several times throughout the school year, with encounters occurring on and off campus.
“It’s a place and an environment where i feel safe to learn about my judaism and jewish past in j2m and in kadima i get to meet new people and do fun things with friends”
BRANDON IMAR, J2M PARTICIPANT 2017-2018
- Shabbaton (weekend retreat)
- Social Action Interaction
- Passion to Action
- Judaism & Environment
- Nutrition & Self Image in Judaism
- Partership with JCS programs: Milk & Honey, Matzah Mitzvah, Cafe Europa.
- Hachnasat Orchim
- Thanksgiving event- recipe project.
- Family Shabbat & Havdalah
- Who am I? Shemot – Family Tree
- Hanukkah Menorah contest presentation
- Self Defense – IDF & Hanukkah
- Shabbat workshop
- Tallit / Tefillin workshop & World Wide Wrap
- Shoa Survivor “Memories in the living room”
- Ethical Kashrut
- Meeting the Mashgiach (tour to Kosher Kingdom)
- Visit to the Kosher Food Bank
- Purim Volunteer Opportunities
- Learning with our Rabbis & Cantor in an intimate setting that encourages questions and participation.
- Hiddur P’nai Zaken – Nursing Home visit and interviews
- Ronald McDonald visit to provide food
- Pesach – Cleaning our own inner home
- Modern Day Slavery Chocolate Seder
- Yom Hashoa Takes
- Identity. Create your own movement.
- Yom Hazikaron/ Yom Haatzmaut
- Lag Baomer Bonfire *Canoing
- V’ahavta lere’acha Kamocha
- Second chances (Pesach Sheni)
- Yom Yerushalayim
- Tikkun Shavuot-Diploma
Photo & VIDEO GALLERY
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE J2M PROGRAM PLEASE CONTACT CANTOR ASKENAZI