"At Beth Torah we believe that Religious School (Hebrew School) is a right of membership".
Edwin Farber - Rabbi Emeritus
Motivated by the beauty of all that Judaism has to offer, engaging activities, social action projects and active participation of young minds and talent, children and families are launched into an immersive Jewish Experience.
At our Scheck Family Religious School, we teach our children to understand and revere the wisdom in our heritage, letting it shape the children’s hearts, minds, morals, and values. We strive to develop positive attitudes toward their Judaism, to give them a sense of commitment to their tradition, Ahavat Eretz Israel, and to the practices of American Conservative Judaism.
Our after school program spans Kindergarten through Bar/Bat Mitzvah. Children learn everything from Hebrew reading and Jewish Holidays to Bar and Bat Mitzvah preparation with a curriculum specially designed to be age appropriate. We are proud to have the Beth Torah clergy serving as an integral role in the school, enriching our children’s spiritual and educational experiences with more than 80 years of combined Rabbinical and Cantorial knowledge.
beth torah’s RELIGIOUS after SCHOOL program tuition
IS INCLUDED WITH MEMBERSHIP dues
This tremendous opportunity would not be available without the generosity of our “Visionaries” and the Sponsors of Religious School Events.
Scheck Family Religious School closely monitors guidance from our public health partners at the CDC, Florida Health Department and the Department of Children and Families. Please know that the health and well-being of our children, their families, and our staff has guided our decision-making process regarding how we can best meet the needs of our community.
Select the term RS 2022 – 2023 / 5783
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT
DR. GABY RASCOVSKY
– Beth Torah strives to help our children develop positive attitudes toward their Judaism, to give them a sense of commitment to their tradition and to the practices of American Conservative Judaism.
– We see our task as empowering you to help your children live more meaningful Jewish lives. We believe that both school and home want to create positive Jewish memories and meaningful Jewish experiences for your children and by working together, our school is better able to provide those experiences which will positively affect your child’s life.
– Through cooperation, family supporting school and school supporting family, we can teach our children that Jewish living is an important part of all of our lives, and that we want Jewish values to be an important part of theirs as well.
– Ours is not only a school; it is a congregation and, as such, we are interested in the entire family. We care about you and try to be sensitive to your needs and desires. We encourage your involvement and your feedback. We need your constant support in this important and holy task.
– At the end of their Jewish education, students should be able to enter any synagogue and participate in the services, and understand and read the prayers.
– Our hope is that students will begin the curriculum in kindergarten and remain in school through Confirmation. Becoming a Bar/Bat Mitzvah does not mark the conclusion of one’s studies, rather it indicates acceptance of the adult responsibility of continued study. Talmud Torah,
the study of Torah, is a goal that we hope our students will begin here at Beth Torah and continue throughout their lives.
– Students should be able at the end of their educational process to feel connected to “Klal Israel “(Jewish People), American Society and the State of Israel as entities that require their love and commitment.
– It is our goal that through activities, students will create their own social Jewish network that will enable them to widen their existing social network form school.
– Culturally we strive to infuse art, music, celebration, food, and terminology that are common in Jewish Culture.
2022 - 2023
11.30.22 – 10th week CLICK HERE
12.07.22 – KFB Field Trip CLICK HERE
12.07.22 – In School activities CLICK HERE
12.14.22 – Olive Press Workshop CLICK HERE
12.21.22 – Chanukkah Under the Stars CLICK HERE
01.11.23 – Welcome Back CLICK HERE
01.18.23 – Mezuzah workshop, Alma the shinshinit CLICK HERE
01.25.23 – Open Class CLICK HERE
BETH TORAH BENNY ROK CAMPUS AND THE SCHECK FAMILY RELIGIOUS SCHOOL
WISH TO THANK
For theiR CONTINUED SUPPORT THROUGH THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
OF OUR RELIGIOUS SCHOOL STUDENTS
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT DR. GABY RASCOVSKY