We see our task as empowering our children to live more meaningful Jewish lives. We believe that all exposure to education in formal or informal settings, and in conjunction with family and home, should create positive Jewish memories and meaningful Jewish experiences for children.
After School Hebrew Program
The curriculum is designed to impact the learners intellectually and emotionally as Jewish children of the world, in Jewish ways and with Jewish flavors. All activities are geared to positively impact body, mind and soul of the participant while embracing universal and Jewish values.
Dr. Gabriela Rascovsky
Director of Lifelong Learning
BETH TORAH IS INTRODUCING A NEW JEWISH PROGRAM
GEARED TO STUDENTS IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS (K-5).
Its curriculum reflects all components of Jewish content, delivered in an after school format.
The program will be offered to Aventura Waterways K-8 Center & Virginia A. Boone Highland Oaks Elementary School (VABHOE) students.
REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON
For Aventura Waterways K-5 and Virginia A Boone Highland Oaks Elementary students ONLY.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT DR. GABRIELA (GABY) RASCOVSKY
The Chai program (operated by Beth Torah Benny Rok Campus) strives to provide top-quality Jewish after school education that helps our children develop positive attitudes toward their Judaism and gives them a sense of commitment to their tradition and heritage.
At the end of their educational process, students should be able to feel connected to “Klal Israel“(Jewish People), American society and the State of Israel as entities that require their love and commitment.
Through formal and informal activities, it is our goal that students will create new social Jewish networks, enabling them to widen their existing social networks from school.
Culturally we strive to infuse art, music, celebration, food, and terminologies that are common in Jewish culture.
PILLARS & IN PRACTICE
The curriculum is designed to impact learners intellectually and emotionally as Jewish children of the world, in Jewish ways and with Jewish flavors. All activities are geared to positively impact body, mind and soul of the participant while embracing universal and Jewish values.
- Hebrew language.
- Judaic Studies: Torah weekly portion, Jewish holidays, traditions and observances.
- Israel studies.
- Jewish culture through music, movement, art and culinary activities.
Students who have progressed through the Chai Club from kindergarten through fifth grade can expect to gain familiarity and knowledge in Hebrew, Israel, Jewish holidays, traditions, prayers, and culture as the legacy of the Jewish people.
CURRICULUM IN PRACTICE
The curriculum is delivered in hands-on and experiential ways.
We do so through:
- Hebrew teaching as the fundamental milestone that connects the Jewish people to its past, present and future.
- Torah study, weekly portion.
- Israel connections studies to instill and develop the love to our Jewish Homeland.
- Jewish holidays and traditions experience to preserve the continuity of the Jewish people.
- Jewish culture tasting to experience the flavors of the Jewish legacy.
- Shabbat experience that sums up every week with the celebration of the creation of the world, its prayers, melodies and customs.
2019 - 2020
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT DR. GABY RASCOVSKY